Interne Veranstaltung (Charité)
Module Communication Skills
You will learn how to write about scientific subjects so that also a layman can understand it for instance in press releases or on websites.
Scientific Writing in Layman's Terms
Jochen Müller is a science journalist and moderator as well as trainer for science communication. In a one day workshop, he will coach early career scientists how to write about scientific subjects so that also a layman can understand it for instance in press releases or on websites.
- Theory: forms of communication and reader-oriented writing
- Rules and hints for lay comprehensible communication
- Analysis and optimisation of examples of real communication
- Presentation of current professional publications by course participants
- Partner exercise change of perspective: presentation of the publication by the partner
- Group feedback and discussion
- Writing exercise: creating a communication from contents of the editing round
- Correction round, group feedback and optimisation of the messages
Seminar Room 0.0043